Track shoes are not all made the same. Shoes for throwing the discus, shot put, and hammer have smooth bottoms that make it easier to spin or textured rubber outsoles that give you more grip when you glide.
The spikes on javelin shoes help you stay on the ground. There are different styles from different brands for each type of throwing.
To help you find the right pair for your needs, I did some research with one of the experienced throwers, Tim Lowrey and put together some of the best options for women. You can choose from shoes made by Adidas, Saucony, and Asics, which are well-known brands.
You may check our review method here.
Best Throwing Shoes For Women
Are you looking for the perfect pair of throwing shoes for women? If so, you are in the right place! Here, we have compiled a list of the best shot put shoes for women based on their features and popularity.
|Adidas Adizero Shotput||Check On Amazon|
|Saucony Unleash SD 2 Unisex||Check On Amazon|
|ASICS Unisex Javelin Pro 2||Check On Amazon|
|Saucony Soarin J 2 Unisex||Check On Amazon|
Adidas Adizero Shotput
The Adidas Adizero Shotput is made for throwers who use a technique called “glide.” Adizero Shotput makes sure that every throw is stable and has a lot of power. Adidas made this track and field throw shoe have a secure, locked-down fit so that athletes can focus on the competition. Professional shot put throwers like Tomas Walsh and Joe Kovacs suggested this for the shot put event.
Shanon Majeed, a user, says that it was better than he thought it would be.
- It also has a textured outsole that helps with fast throws and surfaces that are wet.
- Synthetic leather overlays offer light support, and the mesh upper lets in as much air as possible.
- A hook-and-loop strap that goes over the laces helps keep the fit.
- The ADIWEAR outsole has high wear resistance, and the TRAXION outsole has the most grip.
- The arch strap wraps built into the design make sure that the shoe fits well.
This shoe has a good grip.
The shoe is able to let air in.
Ensures Lockdown fit.
First, I think the price is too high.
Some people have said that this shoe doesn’t feel good.
Saucony Unleash SD 2 Unisex
The Saucony Unleash SD 2 was made for track events like shot put, discus, and hammer throw. It makes it easier for the athlete to spin and glide. The top is made of stretchy ISOFIT mesh and flexfilm overlays. This makes the shoe very flexible, lets it breathe, and makes it fit like a sock.
- The shaft is about low-top from the arch.
- The cross strap in the middle of the foot holds the foot to the platform.
- There is an EVA midsole that cushions your foot. It makes you feel better.
- It helps keep your foot in place and moves with your foot.
- Multipurpose Shoe. It can be used in events like shot put, discus, and hammer throw.
It is extremely comfortable.
Ensures a secure fit.
When you throw, you will maximize rotation.
I think the price is reasonable.
Needs to break in.
There’s a bit of stiffness underfoot.
The durability is not up to par.
ASICS Unisex Javelin Pro 2
Unisex ASICS Javelin Pro 2 shoes for the best throwers provide support and last a long time. The lightweight shoe has an asymmetrical design and a reinforced toe cap for comfort on the platform. A double strap hook-and-loop closure gives the foot stability and support when it is planted. Comes with a wrench and 9mm pyramid spikes.
- There is a synthetic sole on this shoe.
- Additionally, it features SharkDuo Outsoles.
- With a synthetic leather upper, this shoe looks nice and is durable.
- Closure by hook and loop.
- There are 9 mm pyramid spikes on it.
Great looks with durability.
Hook-and-loop closures offer stability and support.
Specially recommended by so many professionals.
Price is too high.
Saucony Soarin J 2 Unisex
The Saucony Soarin J 2 is a multi-event track shoe that athletes who do jumping events like to wear. These spikes are light and good for jumpers. Most people who have used the Soarin J 2 say that it works well overall and is reliable. This pair of spikes will be a great investment for a serious athlete who does jumping events like the long jump, pole vault, or triple jump.
- Support and stabilization are provided by the ISOFIT system while adapting to the foot’s movement.
- A lightweight, supportive upper made from FlexFilm.
- Foot is locked to the platform by a midfoot cross-strap.
- Underfoot cushioning is provided by a die-cut EVA midsole.
- The ultimate spike plate for javelin, triple jumps, and pole vaults. It has 8 pins and is highly rigid for maximum take off.
Good value for money.
Good looking aesthetics.
Flexibility is very limited
Shot Put Shoes Buying guide For Women
Women’s shot put shoes are designed differently than men’s. Women’s shoes need a bit more cushioning in the heel and ball of the foot to absorb impact and help you throw further. The fit of shoes is also an important consideration when choosing shot put shoes for women. The width of the shoe needs to be snug but not too tight so that your feet won’t move around while you’re throwing. Look for shoes with arch support and closed-toe designs to keep your feet stable.
When it comes to color, manufacturers of most shot put shoes offer various options, including black, brown, white, light blue, and dark blue. You can also find shoes in neutral colors like green or gray. If you have a specific color in mind, be sure to ask your shoe retailer about availability.
One thing to keep in mind when buying shot put shoes for women is that they are typically designed for heavier people. If you are unsure if the weight of your body will fit the criteria for these types of shoes, try them on before you buy them.
Men’s Shoe Size to Women’s
- Men’s and women’s shoe sizes are different by a size and a half. Add 1.5 to the women’s size to get the men’s size. For example, a women’s size 9 shoe is a men’s size 10.5. If you want to convert men’s shoe sizes to women’s, add 1.5. For example, a men’s size 9 is the same as a women’s size 7.5.
- The width of a shoe doesn’t change. A D width for men is the same as a D width for women. Men, on the other hand, tend to have wider feet, so the average width of a man’s shoe is D and the average width of a woman’s shoe is B.
- In the UK, Europe, and Asia, shoe sizes are the same for both men and women. Men and women both wear a size 40 in EUROs.
It’s the physiology of men and women. When they reach adulthood, people of each sex grow into different sizes. If you look at the feet of 10 men and 10 women who are 18 years old, men’s feet are usually wider and longer.
Tim Lowrey says the best professional shot put shoe for men is the Adidas Adizero Shotput shoe. He won many throwing competitions while wearing this shoe.
No, not every pair of shoes for throwing has spikes. Spikes are only on shoes used to throw javelins. Spikes on javelin shoes are 9 mm or shorter.
According to Lowrey, There is a simple difference between the javelin throwing shoes and other throwing shoes. Javelin shoes have spikes, but the others don’t. Nike Zoom Javelin Elite 3 is one of the best shoes for javelin throw. Lowrey personally loves this shoe and recommended it to all.
In conclusion, choosing the best throwing shoes for women depends on a variety of factors including your personal preferences and throwing ability. The best option for you may vary depending on your needs and those of the throwing discipline you participate in. So, take the time to try on different pairs and find what works best for you. Remember to keep in mind that shoes should be comfortable and provide good foot support.