There’s a growing demand for hammer throwing events, which are even more popular in the US and UK now.
Hammer events are a great way to keep your muscles in shape. But If you want to improve your skills and take your throwing game to the next level, you must need dedicated throwing shoes.
So keep that in mind; with the help of Tim Lorey, a professional thrower, I will share the five best hammer throwing shoes. This list has speedy and reliable hammer-throwing shoes for all types of throwers. These lightweight, high-quality slingshots are an excellent choice for Olympians, athletes, and anyone who wants to step up their game.
Remember, each shoe reviewed by Footwearguru is carefully examined by Gary V. Paul at our lab.
You may check our review method here.
Are Hammer Throwing Shoes Different From Other Track Field Shoes?
Dedicated throwing shoes for discus, shot put, and hammer are different from other track footwear in that they have no spikes. Instead, these shoes have smooth, soft rubber soles to execute the spin technique better. Some models also have high cuffs for better support and more power.
The athlete holds the hammer handle, and specialist shoes are used to assist in reducing friction and gaining maximum speed while turning with the hammer.
Best Hammer Throwing Shoes (Our Top Picks)
|ASICS Men’s Hyper Throw 3||Check On Amazon|
|Nike Zoom Rotational 6||Check On Nike|
|PUMA Men’s Evospeed Throw 8 Sp||Check On Amazon|
|Saucony Unleash SD 2||Check On Amazon|
|Under Armor UA Centric Grip||Check On Amazon|
These lightweight, high-quality shoes are an excellent choice for Olympians, athletes, and anyone else who wants to step up their game.
Size: The size of some shoes is based on a scale for men. The size of a woman’s shoe should be 1.5 sizes larger than a man’s.
ASICS Men’s Hyper Throw 3
Asics made the Hyper Throw 3 with a lot of reliable parts so that it could be used for gliding and rotating throws. If you are a thrower then you know that rotating is very much important in hammer throw, so it is perfect for hammer throwing events. ASICS Men’s Hyper Throw 3 is made to make you feel safe, at ease, and able to move around. Because of these technical features, the ball can move and spin better, so it can be thrown as far as possible. This shoe is easy on the wallet and good for people who are just starting out.
Review: Asics Hyper Throw 3 is known as the best shoes for beginners to throw in. This shoe is what a lot of people start out with when they start throwing.
This shoe is used by Neal S. to throw. He says that it is a great shoe for both the Shot Put, the Discus, the Hammer, and the Weight Throws.
● It’s made of a special kind of synthetic leather. This synthetic leather is more durable because it doesn’t wear down or tear easily.
● The upper is also made of synthetic leather, which makes it easy to clean.
● It has SpevaFoam in the middle of the sole.
● The SpevaFoam material in the midsole makes the shoe more responsive and lessens midsole breakdown.
● There is also a strap in the middle of the foot. By securing the mid foot strap to the platform, you can make the shoe fit your feet just right.
It has a rigid bottom.
Arch support is insufficient.
Midsole not comfortable.
Nike Zoom Rotational 6
The Nike Zoom Rotational 6 is made to be used for throwing the hammer, discus, and shot put. It has the same construction and technical details as a running shoe. Some people might think it’s expensive, but the way it looks, how it’s made, and how it can help athletes improve their performance in a comfortable and effective way to make up for the cost.
● Mesh upper with a no-sew vamp for comfort and ventilation
● The midfoot strap makes the shoe fit well and transfers power well.
● Full-length, thin EVA midsole for low-profile, light impact protection.
● The synthetic leather and reinforced toe give support and make the shoes last longer.
● Full-length Pebax plate has good durability, response, and a better fit. The carbon rubber outsole is shaped for grip and durability.
It fits like a glove, which means it is comfortable.
It has been optimized for throwing events.
The grip is outstanding.
Cushioning, weight, and grip are remarkable.
For experienced throwers only.
PUMA Men’s Evospeed Throw 8 Sp
Puma is a great company that makes shoes. The company is third in the world when it comes to making sportswear. In 1948, Rudolf Dassler began the business. The Puma Evospeed is a good shoe for throwing a hammer, especially if you use the glide technique. This shoe is worn by so many athletes. It is a very comfortable place to be. Let’s look at what the shoe has to offer and what its pros and cons are.
● Suede is used for the soles.
● For the best fit and comfort, PUMA makes the OrthoLite sockliner.
● Synthetic leather is used for the upper.
● When worn barefoot, the mix of microfiber and suede makes for a soft, comfortable footbed.
● The midfoot strap keeps your foot in place on the platform and lets you make the shoe fit your foot better.
It makes you feel the most at ease.
One of the best shoes for throwing with bare feet.
It is too expensive.
On wet ground, this isn’t good.
Saucony Unleash SD 2
The Saucony Unleash SD 2 was made for track events like shot put, discus, and hammer throw. It makes it easier for the athlete to spin and glide. The technical features built into the platform emphasize secure lockdown and stop any kind of slippage from happening. Throwers can expect to have a good grip on any surface because the outsole of the track shoe is made to be reliable.
Review: According to Tim, Saucony is one of the most underrated shoe brands, but they make a lot of great shoes, including the Saucony Unleash SD 2. It works best for events like the shot put, discus throw, and hammer throw.
So many people who have used this shoe say that the Saucony Unleash SD 2 is a great shoe for throwing disc, hammer, weight, and shot for both men and women.
● The shaft is about low-top from the arch.
● The cross strap in the middle of the foot holds the foot to the platform.
● There is an EVA midsole that cushions your foot. It makes you feel better.
● It helps keep your foot in place and moves with your foot.
● Shoe for many uses. It can be used in events like the shot put, discus, and hammer throw.
It is extremely comfortable.
Ensures a secure fit.
Rotational movement will be maximized during throwing.
It is a reasonable price.
Needs break in.
Underfoot, it feels stiff.
There is a lack of durability.
Under Armor UA Centric Grip
The Under Armour Centric Grip is a high-performance shoe for shotput, discus, and hammer throw athletes who have done these events before.
The Under Armour Centric Grip is a great shoe for throwers who want a shoe that can do a lot of different things. It has a shank and textured rubber in the midsole and outsole to keep the foot stable for a smooth turn.
● With its UA HOVR Cushioning System, it gives you a balance of cushioning and responsiveness thanks to its UA HOVR foam combined with the dynamic mesh Energy Web.
● For efficient footstrike, PEBA Midfoot Shank provides stiffness.
● Rubber on the outsole provides traction, making it easy to move.
● A stylish, supportive fit is provided by an embroidered upper made from high-strength yarn for enhanced breathability.
HOVR cushioning provides stability and comfort.
Upper is soft and breathable.
PEBA’s midfoot shank stabilizes the foot.
Not too durable.
Needs break in period.
How to Choose the Right Throwing Shoes
- Check out each of these products. This ultimate guide looked at the five best shoes for throwing in an honest way. Each will fit the needs of a thrower in a different way.
- Decide what the most important aspect to you is. What’s most important to you? Price? How fast? Durability? All of these questions are answered above, but you need to know this as soon as you start your search.
- Buy what you want and get training. Amazon is, without a doubt, the best place to buy shoes. Tim thinks the Nike Zoom Rotational is the best shoe. Tim also said that after you bought it, you should practice at least three times a week all year long, making at least 20 to 30 throws a day. He also said, “The numbers will start to add up, and your hard work will start to show.” Lastly, he says, “Throw far, and always check back to see if there are any changes to the best shoes for throwing.”
As you can see, you can buy a lot of different kinds of hammer shoes.
You can find the best shot-put shoes for you, no matter what kind of thrower you are.
If you throw in more than one event, the best way to save money is to find the best throwing shoes that let you compete in more than one event.
All the shoes on this list will let you compete in all the track and field throwing events.
The Nike Zoom Rotational 6 Shoe is Tim’s favorite because it meets all the criteria Tim was looking for. It lasts long, is comfortable, and feels excellent when thrown in a circle.