One of the most important things you need to remember when it comes to shot put is that you need to generate power from your hips and shoulders.
The Glide Technique will help you do just that. But, If you want to master the glide technique, then you need the best shot put shoes for glide technique.
As an outdoor gadgets specialist, I would love to share my knowledge about which shoes are best for gliding. But before you buy a shoe to do well in gliding, you need to know some basic knowledge about gliding.
What is a Glide Technique?
A glide technique is a way to throw the shot put that helps to reduce the risk of throwing an off-balance or out-of-control shot. By using a glide, you can keep your body more in line with the throw and minimize the chance of throwing an unstable shot. There are a few different ways to execute a glide, but the most common technique is to lean back and slide your hands down the handle towards your feet.
Importance of Glide Technique in Shot Put
The glide technique is the most important aspect of a good shot put performance. Without a glide, the shotput will not travel as far or as accurately. The glide should be long and horizontal, and it should be consistent from throw to throw.
A good glide will keep the Shot Put moving forward, which will help you reach your target faster and with more accuracy. A bad glide can cause the shotput to bounce off the ground, making it difficult to control.
To improve your shot put glide, practice regularly using different techniques and strides. Experiment with different speeds and levels of power to find what works best for you. Once you have a good glide down, continue to work on perfecting it by practicing in competition settings.
Best Shot Put Glide Technique Shoes
If you’re looking to improve your shot put performance, then you should be incorporating a glide technique into your routine. A glide technique involves keeping your body in a low posture while transferring your weight from the front to the back foot. This will help reduce the amount of air that you need to push off in order to throw the shot put.
The best way to learn how to incorporate a glide technique into your shot put routine is by wearing shoes that help you do this. Some of the best shot put glide technique shoes include.
|Adidas Adizero Shotput Track Shoe||Check On Amazon|
|Puma Evospeed Throw||Check On Amazon|
|Saucony Unleash SD 2 Unisex||Check On Amazon|
|Asics Men’s Throw Pro||Check On Amazon|
|Nike Zoom Rival SD 2 Track and Field Shoes||Check On Amazon|
Adidas Adizero Shotput
The Adidas Adizero Shotput is designed specifically for throwers who use the glide technique. Adizero Shotput ensures stability and power with every throw. Adidas engineered this throw shoe for track and field to have a secure, lockdown fit, so athletes can concentrate on the competition. Many professional shot put throwers like Tomas Walsh and Joe Kovacs recommended this for the shot put throwing event.
A user, Shanon Majeed says that It was better than he expected.
- It also has a Textured outsole for fast throws and on wet surfaces.
- Synthetic leather overlays offer lightweight support; mesh upper for maximum ventilation.
- An over-the-lace hook-and-loop strap helps secure the fit.
- The ADIWEAR outsole provides high-wear durability, while the TRAXION outsole delivers maximum traction.
- A secure fit is guaranteed by the arch strap wraps integrated into the design.
Ensures Lockdown fit.
Traction is good in this shoe.
There is breathability in the shoe.
Firstly the price feels high.
Some users have complained about the comfort of this shoe.
Puma Evospeed Throw
Puma is one of the best shoe companies. The company ranks third in the world among sportswear manufacturers. Rudolf Dassler founded the company in 1948. The Puma Evospeed is a good shoe option for shot put, especially for glide technique. So many athletes wear this shoe. It is very much comfortable. Let’s take a look at the features and the Pros and Cons of the shoe.
- The soles are made of suede.
- For optimum comfort and fit, PUMA offers OrthoLite: a breathable sockliner.
- The upper is made of synthetic leather.
- The combination of microfiber and suede provides a soft, comfortable footbed when worn barefoot.
- The midfoot strap locks your foot firmly to the platform and enables a more customized fit.
It provides you the best comfort.
One of the best throwing shoes for barefoot.
The Price is too high.
Not good in the wet ground.
Saucony UNISEX UNLEASH SD2
The Saucony Unleash SD 2 was made for shot put, discus, and hammer throw track competitions. It helps the athlete spin and glide better. The upper is made of ISOFIT stretchable mesh with flexfilm overlays. This gives the shoe unmatched flexibility, breathability, and a “sock-like” fit.
- From the arch, the shaft measures about low-top.
- The midfoot cross strap secures the foot to the platform.
- For underfoot cushioning, there is an EVA midsole. It provides comfort.
- It provides stabilizing support and adapts to the movements of the foot.
- Multipurpose Shoe. It is suitable for throwing events such as the shot put, discus, and hammer.
It is very much comfortable.
Provides a Secure fit.
You will maximize rotational movement during throwing.
The price is reasonable.
Take a break in time.
It is a bit stiff underfoot.
Durability is not as good as it should be.
Asics Men’s Throw Pro
This Throw Pro track and field shoe is made to work well for both people who throw with a lot of spin and people who throw with a lot of glides. Because of this, it is the best way to break distance records. Many well-known throwers say this is a good throwing shoe. It’s a good shoe for beginners, and it’s also best for the glide technique. The Asics Throw Pro is a reliable performance shoe that any shot putter, discus thrower, or hammer thrower should consider adding to their shoe collection.
- It has special synthetic leather. This synthetic leather offers increased durability due to abrasion and tear resistance.
- The upper is also made of synthetic leather, so it’s easy to clean.
- It has SpevaFoam midsole features. The SpevaFoam midsole material enhances rebound characteristics and reduces midsole breakdown.
- Also has midfoot strap. By locking the midfoot strap securely to the platform, the shoe can be custom-fitted to your feet.
It is one of the stylish throwing shoes.
The quality of the build is solid.
It has an excellent grip.
The wide width is not available.
There is a bit of stiffness to it.
Nike Zoom Rival SD 2
If you throw shot put and discus, the Nike Zoom Rival SD 2 is a good shoe for you. Unlike Zoom Rotational, they have a better bottom grip and move a little slower. You can use this for the glide shot put as well as any other turning throw. From what I’ve seen and heard from professional throwers, it is one of the best for the glide technique. Also, I have collected the opinions of many users, and they have not all complained about this shoe.
Shannon McDaniel is one of the users who buy this shoe for his son to add a spin to his throw.
Like Shannon McDaniel, Shannon McDaniel thinks these shoes are especially suitable for throwing events, especially shot put.
- Foam in the middle of shoes gives light cushioning.
- It also has Forefoot Pebax® plates to make sure that the shoes will last.
- Nike Zoom Rival has synthetic leather uppers that don’t need to be sewn and offer soft, seamless support.
- Mesh panels on the top and sides of the shoe make it feel airy.
- Toe tips are made of rubber. It will add strength when planting and moving forward.
- The shoe also has a textured outsole. For fast throws and on wet surfaces, the textured outsole provides reliable traction.
- Lastly, With integrated arch strap wraps, it provides a secure fit.
According to so many users, it is one of the most comfortable shoes.
It is lightweight, and this is why it is best for gliding.
Secure fit: The arch strap wraps provide great confidence and also a secure fit.
Short break-in period.
The Price seems to be high.
Not durable enough compared to Price.
You can use any dedicated throwing shoes for shot put. If you are a beginner thrower, I recommend you use the Asics Men’s Throw Pro.
Yes, You can. Many athletes who throw the hammer, discus, and shot put can use the same shoe for all three events. This saves money over time and keeps you from having to change your shoes between events.
A throwing shoe is made for track and field events that involve throwing. Shot put, Discus, and Hammer are the events here.
I would say no. I’ve seen people throw the shot put with shoes made for running. But having too much grip is a bad thing about this. It doesn’t let you move and turn, which is what the throw needs. So, you’ll need shot put shoes to get the most out of your technique.
If you’re looking to improve your glide in the shot put, there are a few things that you can do. First, make sure that you’re throwing the ball with enough force. Second, ensure that you have good abdominal muscles. Third, practice your swing regularly. Finally, use a shot put barrel that is correctly sized for your body. By following these tips, you can improve your glide and increase your chances of winning competitions!
The most important thing to remember is that you must put in the effort. Throwing shoes will not fix your incapacity to throw far; only hard training will. I’m glad you’re researching, since it’s the first step toward being excellent. You won’t be able to throw far in shoes. Take your own advice. Lastly, I hope you can find the Best Shot Put Shoes For Glide from this list. Thank You.